This DELICIOUS roast is quick and easy to make, and it cooks itself all day while you are at work! Full of flavor and nutrition, this roast is something I will make again, and again! I couldn’t even remove the roast from the crockpot without it falling apart, it was THAT tender! I ended up shredding it and scooping the meat & veggies out together all out at once.
I didn’t end up having any bone broth in my house, and wasn’t about to go BACK to the store to find some, so I mixed my Vital Proteins Beef Bone Broth Collagen with some water instead, and am I ever happy I did! Packed with collagen and protein, it was the perfect way to add the liquid aspect to cook the veggies and roast with some extra health benefits! I will definitely be subbing these crystals a lot more often when I cook.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef Roast & Root Vegetables
Recipe adapted from Whole 30 Fast & Easy
Nutrition per serving:
- 1-2 lb. boneless chuck roast
- black pepper
- 2-3 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4-5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c. water
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins beef bone broth collagen
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Whole 30 compliant Italian seasoning
- Wash, peel, and chop all veggies, and place inside slow cooker
- Place roast on top of the vegetables, moving some to the side if necessary to make room
- Sprinkle minced garlic, bone broth crystals and Italian seasoning over both the roast and vegetables
- mix together balsamic vinegar and water, and pour mixture over both the roast and vegetables (add more water if necessary, just under half full on your slow cooker)
- Set slow cooker to cook on LOW for 8-10 hours
- Remove roast, slice (or shred), serve with the vegetables
Financial compensation was not received for this post. I am an Influencer for Vital Proteins, but purchased this product prior to our contract. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own and not influenced by the developing company and/or its affiliates in any way.