I firmly believe in a balanced lifestyle. I don’t eat clean 100% of the time, nor do I stuff myself with heavy, greasy food all the time. I like to follow the 80/20 rule the majority of the time, and try to make the best choices when it comes to “unhealthy” snacks.
I have loved banana bread since I was a kid, and always use my mom’s original recipe! I will usually add chocolate chips, for that extra kick of sweet. Who doesn’t love chocolate chips!? I don’t measure when I add these, but it’s likely around 1 cup. I constantly have bananas that turn overripe in my house, so I let them brown completely, and keep them in freezer until I am ready to do some baking!
Bananas are high in potassium, moderate blood sugar levels, improve digestive health, and helps you feel more full! They are an excellent baking ingredient, and this loaf is melt in your mouth delicious.
Nutrition/serving based on 8 servings, without chocolate chips:
Total Fat: 2g
Total Carbs: 37g
- 1/3 c. softened margarine
- ½ c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c. mashed banana (make sure they are overripe)
- Preheat oven to 350°C
- Mash overripe bananas
- Cream together the margarine, sugar, and eggs really well
- Alternate adding in the dry ingredients and mashed banana, blending well after each addition
- Pour into well-greased loaf pan
- Bake for 40-45 min.
- Check loaf with a toothpick, you want the loaf to pull away from pan, but to have the center completely cooked