Muffins are the perfect snack for anyone on the go. I like to bake a couple different kinds and keep them in the freezer for easy grab & go snacks!
I used Vital Proteins Peach Matcha Collagen to make these muffins to add in some extra protein, the goodness that is collagen, and the antioxidant and cancer-fighting benefits of matcha!
Nutrition per serving:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Peach Matcha Collagen or any matcha powder you prefer
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups/liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, stevia, salt, and baking powder until fully combined. Set aside.
- Beat together the egg, milk, bananas, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Separate 1 1/4 cups of the batter into a separate, small bowl. Add the matcha powder to the separated batter and mix until fully combined.
- Using a large spoon, fill each muffin liner with the banana batter (non-matcha) until a 1/4 full. Then drop a 1-2 teaspoons of the matcha batter in each muffin liner.
- Use a toothpick to gently swirl (NOT MIX) the batters together.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely.