I decided to start Whole30 for the month of February (plus a couple days, obviously) to help get my diet back on track, and learn a little more about what removing inflammatory foods can do for my endometriosis, migraines, and allergies.
I will do a full post about Whole 30 once I finish the 30 days, but wanted to share some recipes as I go along!
Ensuring I get full nutrition with lots of veggies, I needed a side dish that was delicious, but veggie packed! Insert this 20 minute mash that is absolutely DELICIOUS. Even my veggie-hating BF didn’t mind the cauliflower, because you really just taste the sweet potatoes! This will be a go-to side for the rest of this month, and into the future!
Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mash
Nutrition per serving:
- 1-2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 c. cauliflower florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes into cubes
- Prepare cauliflower, breaking away florets from the stem, and cutting them into smaller pieces
- Put potatoes, garlic, & cauliflower into a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover
- Bring water to a boil
- Reduce heat, simmer until vegetables are tender (I use the fork test)
- Mash the vegetables to desired consistency (I mash and then beat)
- Stir in ghee, salt, & pepper