I always struggle to eat a healthy breakfast on work days, and find I am a lot more successful when I can make something that I can just grab and take to work with me!
I’ve posted some overnight oat recipes before, but I decided to add a little spin on my basic go-to recipe by using Seabuckthorn’s new fruit powders! My favorite part about overnight oats is how versatile they can be, just by adding different spices and toppings! I used strawberries and raspberries this week, as that’s what I had in my fridge! I will often add some granola for a little crunch, or a scoop of protein powder to get some extra protein in my breakfast. I made 2 batches, which I split into 4 jars, which is the amount I need for breakfast to go this week.
Seabuckthorn’s new fruit and veggie powders work perfect in these oats, and I often top my plain yogurt with them for some extra flavor! These powders are made right in B.C. from fresh and local produce, and are fully organic, kosher, and full of nutrients and anti-oxidants! They’re the perfect addition for any baking and cooking!
You can use the code BEFIT at checkout to save yourself 15% on any regular priced products, these powders included, just head to their site! All orders over $100 include free shipping, and all product is priced in Canadian dollars.
Nutrition/serving (based on 4 servings):
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- 1/3 c. oats
- 1/3 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 c. milk of choice (I usually use almond, but used regular milk since that’s what I had on hand)
- 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp. Seabuckthorn fruit powder of choice (I used blueberry in one batch, and raspberry in the other)
- fruit of choice for toppings
- Mash banana
- Measure out all dry ingredients in a bowl, or measuring cup
- Mix together thoroughly
- Put into jar or container (I split the mix into 2 small mason jars)
- Top with fruit of choice (or can add before eating)
- Let sit overnight in fridge