It can be really hard to find a snack sometimes that has protein, is filling, and healthy for you! I first made these energy balls in the spring to take to a YYC BBG Meet Up, and they were loved by everyone! They are quick and easy to make, and you can use any flavor of protein powder you want in them!
Today I used my Unico Nutrition Peanut Butter Chocolate protein powder, and it just made the flavor so much more peanut butter filled! You can never go wrong with too much peanut butter, at least not in my books.
If you want to try out Unico, use the code KYLEY at checkout to save yourself 15% off your order! They have 5 awesome protein flavors, and sell BCAA’s and pre workout as well. I’m an ambassador and love their products.
These energy balls are now the perfect grab and go snack!
Protein Energy Balls
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 c. vanilla* protein powder
- 1/2 c. natural peanut butter
- 1/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. mini dark chocolate chips
*you can use any type of protein powder you’d like!
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse until they form a thick paste. Add in rolled oats and pulse a few more times until just combined
- Place date and oat mixture into a bowl
- Stir in protein powder and peanut butter. Then add almond milk and stir well to combine. If the mixture seems dry, add an extra splash of almond milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips and form mixture into bite-size balls using your hands
- Store in a covered container in the fridge or freezer
Financial compensation and product were not received for this post. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own and not influenced by the developing company and/or its affiliates in any way.