I received my Pranamat ECO about a month ago now, and have been using it almost every day. I wanted to give it a really good test run before I shared my experience and thoughts on this product. If you read to the end, you can find out how to save some money on your own mat!
Here’s the basic facts:
- Pranamat ECO is an acupressure mat
- Acupressure is a traditional Chinese therapy that is used to relieve tension, stress, boost the immune system, increase circulation and reduce pain
- Acupressure mats break down fat deposits under the skin and improves blood flow and cellular function – this means it can decrease the ever dreaded cellulite
- Pranamat ECO is made with natural, environmentally friendly materials that are hypoallergenic
- Pranamat can be used for relaxing, in your yoga practice, or for pain relief
- Can be used on the plane, in the car, anywhere you are sitting for long periods of time and want to keep your blood flow circulating
- FDA certified medical device
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 5 year warranty
- Worldwide shipping
Pranamats are available on their own, with a pillow, or with a travel bag, in various combinations of orange, purple and turquoise.
I, of course, ordered the Turquoise/Turquoise, and as soon as I opened the box I was so impressed with the quality, vibrant color, and construction of the mat! The lotus flowers, which are the source of the acupressure, were definitely daunting and I have to admit I was hesitant to get on it in the first place.
They recommend you wear a light t-shirt the first time you get on the mat, and trust me, you need it. Those lotus flowers are SHARP. My first attempt at lying down was met with me shooting straight back up. I won’t lie to you, it was not a comfortable experience. I knew I needed to push through though, so I lay back down and focused on my breathing the way you’re taught in any yoga class.
The calmer I got, the more relaxed I became, and eventually the shock of these sharp points digging into my back went away, and it felt like a warm sensation instead. I almost fell asleep! I lay on it for about 30 minutes this first time, and when I got up, my back had hundreds of little indents from the lotus flowers, and was bright red like I had a sunburn. Note though, nothing hurt from this. I actually had a way better range of motion in my shoulders than 30 minutes earlier.
I then continued to use my mat for 20-30 minutes (almost) every day for the rest of the month. I missed a couple of days because I couldn’t find the time, and definitely found myself feeling more tight in my shoulders those days.
I was able to progress to using no t-shirt, and it definitely was another shocking attempt that first time. I love the feeling of the lotus points on my bare skin though, it gives a much deeper release. I have also sat directly on my Pranamat to release glute and hamstring tension (working out problems!) and found that to be completely relaxing. It gave me back a lot of my ability to walk after a significantly hard leg day!
Why I Now Can’t Live Without my Pranamat:
- I sleep better
- I’m the world’s worst sleeper. I toss, turn, can’t get comfortable, throw the covers off, need them back on, wake up 100 times a night, you get the drift. The nights I use the Pranamat ECO I get a much deeper, more restful sleep.
- My back and shoulders aren’t as tense
- I’m an accountant, meaning I work all day at a computer desk, slightly hunched, staring at a computer screen. This wreaks some serious havoc on my upper back and shoulders, since I know I don’t sit ergonomically correct. Using the Pranamat on this area of my back really allows the circulation back in to break up the muscle tension.
- My headaches have eased up
- I get migraines a lot – seasonally, changes in air pressure, changes in temperature, they all affect me. Using my Pranamat ECO has helped the occurrence decline significantly in the past month. Carrying less tension in my shoulders is helping the blood flow to my head properly, and being more relaxed at night is definitely making a difference! I truly think using the Prana pillow would make an even bigger difference!
- It’s my “me” time
- The 30 minutes I spend lying on the floor is now something I look so forward to. It’s a time where there is no movement, and I am focusing on my breathing – not the everyday things I need to do, not the mess in the house I need to clean up, not the next day’s work outline. I get up feeling refreshed and relaxed.
- My range of motion has increased
- My shoulders aren’t locked up all the time anymore, making movements a lot easier both in the gym and at home. I can reach higher and am overall more comfortable.
- It’s an effective method of lactic acid release post-workout, comparable to foam rolling
- I’m really bad about stretching and foam rolling after I work out, even though I know how important it is. Using my Pranamat ECO effectively releases tight muscles without rolling. I’ve used it for shoulders, back, glutes, and hamstrings. I haven’t been brave enough to stand on it, or put it on my quads or IT bands…yet
My only “issue”, if you can even call it that especially since it has nothing to do with the actual product, is that you can’t purchase the travel/storage bag for the mat on its own. I would love to be able to take my Pranamat with me places, and store my mat away from my cats who seem to think my Pranamat is perfect for rubbing themselves on!
100% yes. If you work out and need to release muscles, carry a lot of tension, can’t get to a sports masseuse, have headaches, don’t sleep well, this mat will seriously make a huge impact on your life. Focusing on problem cellulite areas consistently will also decrease the visibility of cellulite, which is a huge added bonus. I can’t recommend it enough, and I love using it. I will definitely be getting myself a pillow so I can work even more on neck tension and headache relief.
Price (in CAD$):
Pranamat + Bag: $183.00
Pranamat + PranaPillow: $270.00
Pranamat + PranaPillow + Bag: $316.00
Pranamat + Mini + PranaPillow: $378.00
No, it’s not cheap. It’s not MADE cheap. You’re paying for an extremely high quality, eco-friendly, well made mat that can relieve so many of the things I listed above, plus more, it really can’t be beat. I’ve used a knock-off mat off of Amazon, it’s honestly not the same. It does not work nearly as well as Pranamat and doesn’t release the muscles the same way. It is worth every single penny.
Click HERE to save some money on your order, and to check out the site and their products!
Financial compensation was not received for this post. A sample product was gifted from PranamatEco. This post contains affiliate links meaning I receive compensation if an order is placed after using a link I provided. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own and not influenced by the developing company and/or its affiliates in any way.