As much as I love salads, sometimes it’s nice to switch things up a bit to get my veggie intake in. Especially for lunches during the work, since taking all the salad ingredients and a dressing take up a ton of room, and taking the bus, I like to maximize the amount I can fit in my tiny bag.
I’ve always liked broccoli (cooked, never raw) and decided to play around with some different ingredients and roast it instead of steaming it. I found the winner here – the parmesan gives it an extra kick, making it a little more savoury. I usually make a batch once a week to throw in with rice and whatever meat I packed for lunch a couple of times a week!
Measurements aren’t exact, I tend to just guess and play it by taste. Feel free to add any other spices, and I have used fresh parmesan instead of dry and it turns out even better!
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Broccoli
Serves 4-6 (1 head serves 4, 2 serves 6)
Nutrition/serving (based on 4 servings):
- 1-2 heads broccoli
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 c.parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash broccoli and cut florets into bite sized pieces
- Put into a large mixing bowl
- Add all other ingredients, and toss so broccoli is coated evenly
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread broccoli evenly
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Broil for 5 minutes, or longer, depending if you want it a bit crispier