I love pasta. Any shape, form, sauce, anything. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Don’t worry, I restrain myself though, that would get out of hand really quickly.
I found the original recipe on Pinterest and thought it would be a great healthy alternative to typical bolognese or alfredo sauce. I have my own roasted cherry tomato recipe that I used instead of what was provided in the original recipe, which I’ve incorporated below. I also added ground turkey as a source of protein – the BF doesn’t do so well with fully vegetarian meals, he gets too hungry unless I make sure some sort of protein is involved.
I’ve used my roast tomato recipe to top spaghetti squash, and other types of pasta as well!
Roasted Cherry Tomato & Basil Angel Hair Pasta
Recipe adapted from Oh, Sweet Basil
- ½ lb. angel hair pasta
- 1 package ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs. cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 c. loosely packed basil, roughly chopped
- ¾ tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- ½ c. grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large sauce pan, and brown the ground turkey until cooked through.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add in a good handful of salt. Add pasta. Cook aldente or until pasta is slightly undercooked. Using tongs to remove pasta from water and place into a colander.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice each cherry/grape tomato in half, and add it, the garlic, rosemary and olive oil into a large bowl. Toss the tomatoes until fully covered.
- Spread the tomato mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, broil for 5 minutes. The tomatoes should be shrunken and become soft.
- Add 1/2 cup of starchy cooking liquid leftover from pasta to the pan with cooked turkey. Add in the cooked tomato mixture, and the cooked pasta. Mix well, and cook another two minutes.
- Turn the heat off, add basil and parmesan cheese. Toss to coat. If needed add more starchy pasta water.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with extra grated parmesan cheese.